Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pneumonia

This past month and a half Harley has had a nasty cough (which actually has been around since October...just here & there) We went to the doctor on Valentines Day and he gave her a breathing machine.


After a couple days of the machine, she seemed to be getting a lot worse. More coughing, more throwing up, runny nose, refusing food & drinks. So, we waited until a full week had gone by and decided to take her back in.



Daddy putting Vicks all over her


She had lost a 1/2 pound and she had gotten pneumonia now. We got a chest x-ray & it showed up in her right, middle lobe. Poor baby.



At first she wouldn't take the medicine, it was a fight and she threw up her first 2 doses immediately. Scott took her in the shower & she took it much easier. Now, I just bribe her and tell her I'll give her cheese, puppy chow or something else if she takes it. I know I know....bribing already! ha ha.



She's been sitting on us more, falling asleep on us


(which I honestly love/but hate since she didn't feel good)

She is doing MUCH better now. She's back to running around, being happy, goofy and playing. She's still coughing but is eating more and doing good!


9 comments:

mindy said...

Poor girl...it was so sad seeing her like that! I'm sure glad she's feeling better! I like seeing happy, giddy harley! :) and really- it woulda been hard on u taking care of both of us at the same time. Har and I are so needy :)
Love you!!!

Maria said...

Awww...poor baby...and Momma! Glad she is feeling better, it's heart breaking when they don't feel good. She is getting so big and such a cutie.

Lindsay Riggs said...

I'm glad she's starting to improve! How long will she be on meds?

Tim and Amy said...

she is so dang precious. so glad she's improving! hopefully we can see you all next weekend... when we are ALL healthy! :)

Brianne said...

happy she is doing better. Sick kids are no fun and it can even be scary sometimes. She is so cute even when she's not feeling well.

Unknown said...

Poor little Harley! I am glad to hear she is doing better!! It is so hard when they don't feel good and I'm glad to hear the worst is over!

Mom said...

I am so glad she is feeling better! It is hard to have sick kids! Love you!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Traci! Oh my goodness I went through the same thing last year with Ryder. He started a cough in October and by April I'd had enough. He was on several different antibiotics because nobody wanted to do a chest x-ray. He finally got one and he had pneumonia. The meds they give to clear it up are NASTY! Ryder had diarrhea for MONTHS after that. But now you know what to watch for and keep in mind that now she's had pneumonia she could easily get it again.

Melissa said...

ph poor little thing. When baby gets sick that is the worse.