Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update

Here's an update:
So, about a week ago my lower left side (pelvic area I guess) started to hurt a little. I drink about 50 oz. of water everyday and when I feel like I really need to pee I can only pee a little. (if you know me I basically pee every 5 min. haha) The pain has gotten A LOT worse the past 3 days. I have had trouble sleeping and was waddling & trying to sit down like I was 8 months pregnant. :) (Monday morning I woke up and was in so much pain I asked Scott to give me a blessing.) So, I decided to call the doctor and tell them what was going on. I went in and peed in a cup for them and everything looked good with that and they are sending it out to make sure everything was really good. They got me in to see the doctor since the pain has been so bad. She told me it sounded like ligament pain/stretching which is normal. AND she said if it's really bad now, it will get worse through pregnancy & through my next ones as well. Yeah for that!! She did an exam and everything was good, heartbeat sounded good. :) I then told her I hadn't slept well because it was so bad and asked if it could possibly be kidney stones. (I teared up as well) She decided to send me for an ultrasound of my bladder and to check for kidney stones. She also got me an ultrasound of the baby! WOOHOO!! (Something GREAT out of the deal) I have a doctors appointment that was already scheduled for next Tuesday-my 14 week-so I will HOPEFULLY know something by then. When the ultrasound tech was looking at the baby she said my uterus was growing to the left...so, ligament pain, uterus growing to the left...HORRIBLE pain on the LEFT side...it all makes sense. (I apologize for the long story, I am not complaining, just sharing)
Here are the pics from today. It made my day! Included is the ultrasound from 3 weeks ago...CRAZY how fast it's growing! :) Enjoy!

10 weeks

13 weeks

8 comments:

Tim and Amy said...

wahoo for the beautiful ultrasound and crazy how fast trotti is growing. (that is traci & scott combined - you know you like the name). hope the pain isn't as extreme for much longer. love you!

tims advice: try standing on your head.

Tim and Amy said...

oh and WAHOO for being first! ;)

Anonymous said...

LOVE seeing the difference!! it is amazing!

so so so exciting for you!

i hope that you can get some relief soon!!

love ya!

oh! and you need to post another belly shot soon!

Sara said...

Yay for the extra ultrasound... makes it worth the pain kinda. Oh and I have the same thing with the baby growing on one side or something and the ligament pain sucks. Good luck!

Stoddard's said...

so cool! its insane how fast they grow! hope you feel better tho!

Lindsay Riggs said...

I guess I should be thankful that I haven't had any peeks at my baby yet, but I am pretty jealous of those cute little pictures. Hope they can figure out a way to ease the pain for you!

Amy, I second the motion on "Trotti."

laurice. said...

Sorry your having pain.

Isn't it the most amazing thing to see how much they grow and change each appointment. Love it!

jill s said...

ok. i am cracking up about trotti. love it.