Wednesday, September 2, 2009

August 31, 2009

HARLEY PAIGE WASHBURN
Born August 31, 2009
12:00 p.m.
7 lbs 2 oz, 20 in


What a great day that was!! We woke up bright and early: 3:30a.m. and got ready, got our stuff together & headed for the hospital. We got checked in for induction around 5 and got in our labor and delivery room. When they checked me in they said I was a 2 1/2 or 3 & 90%. I was having my own contractions for a little bit before they put me on the pitocin. They started the pitocin around 6. My doctor came a little after 8 and said I was a 3 1/2 and broke my water. Pretty much immediately I couldn't handle the pain. I got my epidural about 15-30 minutes after they broke my water. What a nice feeling when that kicked in!!! Then, I was feeling a TON of pressure and very uncomfortable. So, the nurse checked me around 10 and said "9 1/2 and 100%" WHOA! That was fast! She had me try a couple pushes and said I would probably have some pushing to do, and that she would get the stuff ready & let the doctor know. We also had to wait until 11 to do anything because I had to have 2 doses of penicilin for strep-b before I delivered. The nurse checked me again a little after 11 and had me try a couple more pushes & said OK...I'll call the doctor to come over. Doctor Messer arrived around 11:45, I started pushing around 11:50 and Harley Paige Washburn was born at NOON. She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20in. She is healthy & beautiful and we are SOOOOOO excited!! She is a great baby so far :) Thank you to those who came and saw us in the hospital, the messages, phone calls etc. We appreciate it!!
To see some more pics go HERE

13 comments:

Joy said...

I'm so glad everything went so well for you! She is so cute!! I need to come over and see you guys, let me know if you need anything!

CONGRATS!!!

Brittanie said...

She is beautiful!! Congratulations you guys! Babies are the best things ever!!

Lindsay Riggs said...

She's a cutie! It will be fun to have her and Annie grow up so close in age!

Ashley Madsen said...

so excited for you Traci!

jess said...

Awe, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a beautiful little baby!!!
Xx Jess

Maria said...

Congrats! She is so cute! Welcome to parenthood...it's the best!

Tim and Amy said...

so super cute. glad things went so smoothly. can't wait to see you all in person! :o)

laurice. said...

She is beautiful! Congrats. I am so glad everything went so smoothly.

Brianne said...

She is so cute and looks just like a Washburn baby. Congrats! Let us know if you need anything. We need to come meet her sometime.

Ashley said...

She is so beautiful. I'm so glad things went extremely well. Holy cow lucky girl! I can't complain I was pretty fast too but not that fast.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful!!

- Kendyl

Kiera said...

Sounds like everything went perfectly:) that's so awesome she came so quickly:) She is gorgeous! Can't wait to see her in person!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

I had to have my water broken also and within seconds the intense pain came rushing and I couldn't handle it. I had to wait a couple hours to get my epidural though. It sucked. I'm glad you were quickly relieved and only had to push for...ten minutes?? That's amazing. I pushed for 2 hours! You're one lucky lady! She is super cute...looks just like a Washburn. Congrats!!!!