Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween

Washburn Family 2009

Harley had lots of Halloween outfits....5 to be exact. I had the mummy shirt from last year & Scott had his skeleton shirt from last year. Of course, Harley had to be a giraffe :) since my favorite animal IS a giraffe.

The night before Halloween we had a little get together with some friends. We had pizza & just hung out. It was crazy with all the kiddo's, but it was TONS of fun!!

On Halloween we went & showed off our little giraffe. We went to my parents, Mindy's, Gran's & Scott's parents. Then, we went home to pass out candy. Scott set up his projector. It was projected onto the window. The window had white garbage bags on it so it would be on the window. He had some spooky Halloween video/animation things. Lots of people stopped and watched it for a bit. Everyone loved it. He also put the speakers outside so you could hear the scary music.
Every year Scott's work does a pumpkin carving contest. This year Scott did RIP w/a green light & dry ice. I thought it was pretty awesome. Well, the customers vote & he didn't win. :( His brother Dan won first place! (which is $50) I thought it was a super cute pumpkin BUT, it wasn't carved!!

7 comments:

Tim and Amy said...

that was my initial thought when i saw dan's as well.. that's not a pumpkin carving! scott should have won! love the projector idea! that's super fun. you are all so cute in your halloween gear as well!

Lindsay Riggs said...

I love her little face in the pic with the owl outfit! Where did you find the giraffe costume? She looks darling!

Washburns said...

Haters everywhere! just need to know what the people want, stop spending hours and hours on it. :) Theres always next year...to lose again! p.s. harley is cute in her costume

Brianne said...

I think both pumpkins should have got first place. I really like Scott's but Dan's is really creative. Harley is so stinkin cute. I love the giraffe costume. She's getting so big.

The Clonts Column said...

SHe is such a cute raffie!! (thanks my niece's way of saying giraffe:)) Adorable!

The Clonts Column said...

p.s i have to put a disclaimer on my terrible grammar in my message!! way embarrassing! but i am typing with one hand and holdin the baby with the other. oh geeze i didnt even check before posting. please excuse it:)

Sean said...

2 Things!
Thanks for the invite. NOT!
Where are the pics of the Projector Window? And you call yourself a photographer!