Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Some Gluten Free Reviews

First up is: Pastariso Gluten Free Instant Mac & Cheese
It comes in a similar small container as Kraft Mac & Cheese.

The cheese is already added to the pasta. You add water to the fill line, stir & microwave for 3 minutes (as directed on the box)

The finished product. It wasn't my favorite. I honestly LOVED it when I was at the Gluten Free Expo in May. That is why I spent way too much money on it. I don't like the cheese flavor, & it's kind of a sticky cheese if that makes sense. I think I still prefer to make Annie's Macaroni noodles with Kraft cheese...yummmm

Next up is...Udi's Gluten Free Hamburger Buns.
WINNER! I LOVED having a shredded beef sandwich on a bun! I used to just eat it with nothing. Now I can also enjoy a hamburger on a bun! It is soft just like their bread. I love it!

Homemade donuts, courtesy of Scott
Using Pamela's Baking & Pancake mix & a recipe from their website, Scott made these. They were heavenly. One has powdered sugar, one plain & one with some glaze.
Quick Donut Holes



And last, JP Pancake...
I love the bright colors and designs. It was a very small place, seat yourself. One thing I thought was funny is that a little boy, maybe 10, was cleaning off the tables and setting them up again.

First off, pancakes. They were pretty delicious. BUT, they weren't quite done in the center. I thought they were good, soft and tasted like a pancake. It's nice to have a place to go to have a gluten free breakfast.

Next, a blueberry muffin.

As you can see, the blueberries sunk to the bottom.
It was soft, and I think they had just warmed it up.
It was also pretty good, it had a sugary top to it.
Next time I think I'll try the waffles.
They also serve Julia's gluten free cinnamon rolls, which are heavenly!
My reviews are not super in depth or anything...sorry :)

3 comments:

Brianne said...

that mac and cheese looks GROSS but everything else looks tasty.

mindy said...

That's so lame that the MAC n cheese sucks! Sorry!!

Lindsay Riggs said...

That looks like a fun breakfast place!