Thursday, June 11, 2009

28 weeks


I had my 28 week appointment on Tuesday. I was a little bit nervous to have to do the glucose test. I had heard the drink was nasty from some & others said it wasn't too bad. I've seen people down them so fast when I'm sitting in the waiting room. Usually when I've seen people drink it it's an orange drink. When I went in, it was red...fruit punch. I smelled it first & it didn't smell too bad...then I took a little taste & it was GOOD! So, I drank it pretty fast. I thought it was pretty delicious. I then had my appointment (Everything still looks great) and after my appointment I got my blood drawn. Then, a few minutes later I got my RhoGAM shot in the booty and we headed home.

8 comments:

Suzanne Maughan said...

first of all, i LOVE Harley's room. We have to repaint ours because well, it's pink and I don't really like the idea of putting my son in a pink room...so we're going nuetral so both kids can share. =)
Second, I want to make Harley some bows and I know you don't like the big ones...im into medium ones for Hayley...but I will make you some small ones for her if you'd like! Let me know {and don't go look at my outdated bow blog cause it's crappy and I never have time to fix it...it has like the first 10 bows I ever made on there. haha} But let me bring you some or have you come over or something! Girls are so fun [i kinda wish I was having another one] ! =)

Ashley said...

I remember that, I was relieved when I passed. It wasn't the drink I minded, it was the concern if I failed. Then you have to go back for like a whole day of obnoxious testing

Traci said...

I am also VERY nervous that I won't pass...

Joy said...

I hated that drink, but I had the orange one so maybe it made a difference. I also had to get the lovely shot in the bootie. I didn't know it was in the butt so when they told me to lower my pants for the shot I was a little confused :).

Tim and Amy said...

glad the drink wasn't as dreadful as originally anticipated! thanks for the update :o) love ya!

The Clonts Column said...

There is a shot in the booty!!!! I was never told this! What in the world for? Are there veins in your bum?? I am really not liking this. But good job Traci! you are much braver than I am!

Lindsay Riggs said...

Yeah, the drink wasn't as bad this time! Last time I did it the drink was warm I think. Eew. I'll have to tell you about my traumatizing (at least for me) experience this time. I was so thankful to find out I passed!! That follow up testing sounds scary!

laurice. said...

Glad everything looks great....your more than halfway there!