Friday, June 5, 2009

My new favorites...

More and more people & manufactures are aware of Celiac Disease and the gluten-free diet that goes along with it. I am SO excited that General Mills has made 6 of their cereals gluten free.

Rice Chex was the first to go gluten free

Then Corn Chex
And my new FAVORITE cereal...HONEY NUT CHEX
The other 3 are: Chocolate Chex, Strawberry Chex & Cinnamon Chex. I haven't found them at the stores I go to. The only one I'd probably try is Cinnamon. MAYBE chocolate but probably not strawberry. I love making things with Chex cereal as well. Rice Chex treats (like Rice Krispie treats) Muddy Buddies (puppy chow), Chex Mix (I just use rice & corn chex, peanuts & cashews and gluten free pretzels), and a new one I love is called Golden Graham Treat (but I substitute the Golden Grahams for Honey Nut Chex). Go to Chex.com to see more about their Gluten Free cereals and recipes.

ALSO, I can't wait for Betty Crocker's GLUTEN FREE brownie mix, cookie mix, and cake mixes to come out any time!!!

2 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

I'm sure it makes your life much easier to have stuff like this available!

laurice. said...

Awesome!