Saturday, April 11, 2009

Barro's...

So, we went to Barro's last night with: Steve, Kiera & Dylan, Nick, Ciara & Addyson, Dan, Kirstie & Easton and Mindy. It was lots of fun getting all together. I don't think we've ever done it before. We should definitely do it again!!!
Here are a couple pics I took on my phone...sorry they're really blurry!

Ciara, Addy, Nick & Dan

Kiera, Dylan & Steve

AND...THE PIZZA


The pizza was DELISH! I LOVED it! Probably one of, if not my favorite! I liked the cheese side better because it was crispier. After most of us were done eating, one of the managers came over to see how the gluten free pizza was. He sat and talked to me about it for a while. He told me they just started doing this a couple weeks ago. They got a few different crusts in to try and decided on this Italian crust from Gluten-Free Creations. They are the only location that is doing the gluten free as of right now and just seeing how it goes. He told me that the GF pizza is all he gets now. It's a sweeter crust (he compared it to cornbread) He said only a manager makes the GF pizza and it is on the parchment paper from the get go, they have different cutters for them as well. AND, he said they announce it to the people in the kitchen so they know when it is supposed to come out of the oven. They do deliver out to us, but it would cost quite a bit extra...it's a good thing they are close enough to drive down to if I'm wanting a pizza bad enough :) (Well, they're closer then the other places that I've gotten GF pizza from.)
Great Service, Great Food, Great Fun!!! I would definitely recommend it.

6 comments:

Lindsay Riggs said...

How awesome! Hopefully all the locations and other restaurants start doing more gluten free stuff!

Stock Family said...

I'm glad you liked it! I love Barro's! I went there once a week when I was preggo :) Is that Nick Hamberg? Tell him I said hi! Its like a highschool reunion over there! Ha! His cousin Shauna rented out our Mesa house for a while...small world. Your toes are super cute!

jill s said...

that's awesome!!! so happy for you!

Tim and Amy said...

fun! sorry if you had posted this before i texted you. i was watching tim play hockey (and was a little bored) so i decided to text you :o)

glad it was so awesome & the manager was so cool.

Steph said...

OMG, Barros has gluten free pizza??? What location was that?

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that:) I will have to check it out!